How to Apply
https://wecan.education.wisc.edu/#/ If you are applying for any position with the School District of Beloit, please fill out the WECAN application.
To apply for serviceperson positions, please contact ABM Janitorial Services: http://www.abm.com/pages/janitorial-cleaning-services.aspx
If you do not have access to a computer or the Internet, you can call Human Resources at (608) 361-4019 to make an appointment to use a computer with Internet access at that site or utilize your local public library or resource center.
If you need help, please call (608) 361-4019, between 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Recommendation for employment will be made by the Superintendent to the Board of Education.
Because the quality of education is determined by the quality of the teaching staff, the district is intent on selecting the most competent persons, utilizing all sources for whatever position may exist.
The School District of Beloit complies with all federal, state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment based on a person's membership in a protected class.
Salary and Benefits
Placement on the Salary Schedule
- Placement on the salary schedule matrix is determined by the type of Wisconsin License Certification you are issued. Education degrees along with experience in the education field or industrial related field will also be taken into consideration for your salary placement. 2016-2017 Salary: The salary range for teachers is: $35,539-$74,779.00
- Professional Educators are granted (8) sick days and (2) personal days per year.
- Para Educators are granted (8) sick days and (2) personal days per year.
- Instructional Support are granted (8) sick days and (2) personal days per year.
- Secretaries less than 52 weeks are granted (8) sick days and (2) personal days per year.
- Administrative Support are granted (10) sick days and (2) personal days per year.
- Administrators are granted (12) sick days and (2) personal days per year.
· Unused leave will roll into the accrued leave balance. Employees who qualify for FMLA may use a maximum of sixty (60) days per school year. Employees may carry one hundred twenty (120) accrued leave days during the course of one school year.
BenefitsThe Board of Education offers a variety of insurance coverage at minimal or no cost to employees. Employees have 30 days from contract start date to enroll in coverage offered by the District.
- Medical and prescription drug coverage – full time employee pays $32.02 per month for family or $13.54 per month for single
- Dental – paid by the District for full time employee
- Long-term Disability – paid by the District
- Short-term Disability – employee paid
- Group term life insurance equal to one times salary – paid by the District
- Optional dependent life insurance – employee paid
- Optional additional employee life insurance – employee paid
- Accident, critical illness and cancer polices are also offered – employee paid
- Retirement – The District and employee contribute equal shares to the Wisconsin Retirement System. The District also offers 403(b), Roth 403(b) and 457 plans (no District contribution).
New teachers shall participate in the District's Mentor/Mentee program for a period of one year.