- Robinson Elementary
- News Articles
Modern Machine Shop highlights our Mavens of Manufacturing Event at BMHS
Mavens of Manufacturing Engages the Industry's Next Generation
Mavens of Manufacturing has pulled together a group of manufacturing industry leaders to present on Friday, October 22, 2021, at Beloit Memorial High School. The organization’s mission is to attract younger generations to join the industry and to help close the skills and gender gaps.
The Mavens of Manufacturing tour engages with the next generation of manufacturers and engineers to spread awareness of the industry. Meaghan Ziemba, the host of Mavens of Manufacturing, has pulled together a group of manufacturing industry leaders to present on Friday, October 22, 2021, at Beloit Memorial High School. The event will take place in-person and virtually from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. CST.
The in-person keynote speaker is Andrew Crowe, who teaches manufacturing industry leaders how to reach and hire the next generation of the manufacturing sector.
Other presenters include:
Jesse Salazar, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Industrial Policy, Department of Defense
- Salazar leads the Department of Defense’s Industrial Policy team as they assess, protect and promote the defense industrial base.
Tony Gunn, General Manager, MTDCNC Global
- MTDCNC is a news, media and marketing channel for engineering and manufacturing.
Jake Hall, The Manufacturing Millennial
- Hall shares his passion for automation and high-tech manufacturing on social media to his 23,000 followers. He has gained over 8,000,000 views on his content.
Justin Sherman, Founder, Equity Machine Works, SPC
- Through his work at Equity Machine Works SPC, Sherman intends to promote systemic change within the manufacturing industry and help lead others to engage with their communities and adopt more equitable models.
Aaron Prather, Senior Technical Advisor, FedEx
- Prather leads efforts to find and deploy new technologies into FedEx operations, including robotics and automation.
Tim Wilborne, TW Controls
- At TW Controls, Tim and his wife, Amber, work together to help people advance their careers, get a broken machine running again or jump start their businesses.
Ziemba, who is coordinating this event in collaboration with Beloit Memorial High School, is brand storyteller and marketer for manufacturers. Ziemba has been writing for manufacturing since 2008, and she also hosts the Mavens of Manufacturing live video broadcast series, which focuses on women in the industry. Its mission is to attract younger generations to join manufacturing or engineering career pathways to help close the skills and gender gaps.
Source: Modern Machine Shop