What is student services?
At Converse Elementary, we have a school counselor and a school psychologist who help students succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally. They collaborate with teachers and other professionals to create safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments that strengthen the connection between home, school, and the community for all students.
Work with Students
- Teach social skills and problem-solving skills
- Provide individual and group counseling for difficulties impacting students at school
- Grief groups
- Coping with anxiety
- Anger management
- Address bullying
- Provide crisis intervention
- Classroom crisis intervention
- Suicide risk assessment
- Violence Risk assessment
- Help with conflict resolution
Work with Teachers
- Identify and resolve academic barriers to learning
- Design and implement student progress monitoring systems
- Through school SIT and PBIS teams, assist in selecting and implementing behavioral interventions as well as academic interventions and enrichment
- Support effective individualized instruction
- Create positive classroom environments
- Motivate all students to engage in learning
- Conduct assessments to inform decisions regarding educational planning and programming
- Special education evaluations
- 504 plan evaluations
- Consultative assessments
Work with Families and Community
- Monitor attendance and assist families with strategies and resources to help students get to school on time
- Support families experiencing trauma and changes
- Help families with difficulties with poverty and homelessness
- Teach parenting skills and enhance home-school collaboration
- Provide information about and make referrals to community resources
- Network with outside agencies to ensure consistency in delivery of services to students
How does student services make a difference?
All children and adolescents face difficulties from time to time. They may:
Please contact your child's teacher or the student services staff at Converse with any concerns.
- Feel afraid to go to school
- Have difficulty organizing their time efficiently
- Lack effective study skills
- Fall behind in their schoolwork
- Lack self-discipline
- Worry about family matters such as divorce and death
- Feel depressed or anxious
- Experiment with drugs and alcohol
- Think about suicide
- Struggle with peer relationships
- Experience difficulty with self-regulation and emotion management
Phone: (608) 361-2187
Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Staci Brandt
Mrs. Brandt is the school counselor at Converse Elementary. She is at the school full-time to work with students and families to help them be successful at school.
Phone: (608) 361-2183/(608) 361-2444
Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Stephanie Dachelet, Ed.S
Ms. Dachelet is the school psychologist at Converse Elementary School. She is here Tuesdays, Thursdays and some Fridays to support students and families.
Sra. Dachelet es la psicóloga escolar de Converse. Ella viene los martes, los jueves, y a veces los viernes para apoyar a nuestros estudiantes y familias. Ella habla español.