BELOIT VIRTUAL SCHOOLS
No walls. No bells. No limits. . . . .
High School Your Way
EARN YOUR HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA WORKING ONLINE, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME!
- Tuition-free program for School District of Beloit students
- Learn anywhere, anytime
- Engaging curriculum for all skill levels – core, honors and AP classes
- One-on-one instruction with certified teachers
- Transcripts and diplomas issued by School District of Beloit
Why "online" with K¹² is totally on the mark for so many families.
Kindergarten through 12th grade students are eligible to enroll if it is the right fit for you and your child. In fact, with over one million courses delivered to date, K¹² is the leader—by a wide margin—in providing learning programs to public schools in the U.S.
These schools are free to parents and offer K¹²'s acclaimed K-8 program and high school program providing an individualized educational experience like no other.
HOW ONLINE PUBLIC SCHOOLING IS DIFFERENT
This schooling differs from traditional schools in that classes do not take place in a building, but rather at home, on the road, or wherever an Internet connection can be found. Students take courses online with support from their teacher via phone, online Web meetings, and sometimes even face to face.
The parent (or "Learning Coach") keeps the student on track in line with the provided lessons plans. While courses are delivered online, the schools provide plenty of opportunities to connect online and offline with a vibrant school community.
K¹² has a staff of uniquely qualified education professionals who provide extensive, one-on-one support for families.
At K¹², we believe that all children should be able to reach their "xPotential"—their innate, personal possibility. To reach that goal, you'll be served by the efforts of teachers and customer support representatives in grades K-8, plus advisers, counselors, and coordinators in high school, who will focus on your child's potential with an individualized plan that evolves as your child grows.
Students enrolled in these public schools also enjoy:
- A tuition-free education
- State-certified teachers, with a parent or other responsible adult in the role of "Learning Coach"
- Learning at home, on the road, or wherever an Internet connection can be found
- Flexible pacing and an Individualized Learning Plan
- A combination of online and offline coursework—including a wide array of textbooks, CDs, videos, and hands-on materials—as part of a comprehensive K-8 or high school program
- The excitement of joining a community of connected learners with a wide range of extracurricular clubs and programs
FLEXIBILITY, SUPPORT, AND STRUCTURE
While these schools enable truly individualized learning and flexibility in pace, schedule and learning styles, they also come with the structure, administrative support, oversight, accountability, and standards tests associated with all public schools. These programs are full time, meaning that they replace a traditional classroom environment with a location that the family chooses.
- Parents of children in grades K-6 can expect to spend 3-5 hours per day supporting their child's education
- In grades 7-8, learning coach time typically decreases to about 2 hours per day as your child becomes more independent
- By high school, the parental learning coach role continues to be an important, supportive element; however, a student is expected to manage his or her own time with greater independence
- You can expect that your child will spend 5-6 hours per day on coursework and homework, which most parents believe is "just right."
WHO IS THIS INTENDED FOR?
For a variety of reasons, many children simply do not thrive in a traditional classroom. These students include those wh
- Are accelerated learners or are bored with the pace of their classroom lessons
- Need more time than the standard classroom allows to master concepts
- Feel they don't fit in, or are being bullied in their school environment
- Are easily distracted in a classroom setting or have a learning challenge
- Seek extra attention that's not easily found in many classrooms
- Are homebound or undergoing medical treatments
- Travel frequently or are uprooted throughout the year due to family situations
- Are pursuing their dreams and careers in music, the arts, or in sports
K¹² provides families and students with the tools and support they need to achieve their goals. Whatever the reason, our program is working in our partner schools for families across the country who want well-rounded, academically successful children with strong character. And their children are responding with higher achievement and a new excitement about learning.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS?
Because they're part of The School District of Beloit, the Online Public Schools are always tuition free. The entire curriculum is provided free of charge.
Beloit Virtual Schools
Beloit, WI 53511
Office of Teaching, Learning & Innovation
Director of Student Engagement