The goal of transportation services is to provide safe and reliable transportation to and from school or school related activities. The School District of Beloit partners with Durham School Services as their Transportation Management Company to provide transportation services.
The Durham Transportation Manager manages the District's transportation service program and the Executive Director of Business, HR & Operations provides transportation program oversight.
BUS SAFETYAs part of Durham's and the District's commitment to safety, most of our buses include seatbelts so that our students will have the safest experience possible while riding. I encourage you to speak with your children about the benefits of these safer buses and about the expectation that they wear their seatbelts whenever they ride the bus. Please take the time to review bus rider rules on the webpage and in the parent handbook. Behavior on the school bus directly affects the student's safety and the safety of others, the bus rider rules apply and will be enforced at all times when students are riding the school bus, including field trips.
TRANSPORTATION KEY POINTS
- Pre-K through 3rd grade students who reside 1 or more miles walking distance from the student's resident school or live in a designated hazard area will be eligible for bus transportation.
- 4th through 8th grade students who reside 2 or more miles walking distance from the student's resident school or live in a designated hazard area will be eligible for bus transportation.
- A few hazard areas exist for high school students that qualify them for bus transportation.
- Reimbursement is available for parents transporting their students to local parochial schools; please contact our Business Services office at 361-4007 for more information.
- City bus service is available to transport students. To check City bus stop locations, call the Beloit Transit Office at 608-364-2870 or visit their website to view the map and route schedule.
- If you choose open enrollment for your child, transportation will be the responsibility of the family.
- Durham Yellow Bus or Van Transportation Service (608)362-2628.
- City of Beloit Transit (608)364-2870.
- Student medical conditions requiring busing - contact your child's school or the Business Office at 361-4007.
- Special education student requiring busing - contact the Special Education Office at 608-361-4027.
Transporting Students In Private Vehicles
Staff and volunteers may transport students to field trips or other school activities using their private vehicle once they have been approved by the Business Office. The online Authorization to Transport Students forms must first be filled out along with submitting a copy of your current insurance information listing the policy expiration date on it to the Kolak Education Center Business Office, 1500 Fourth Street, Beloit or by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding transporting students, please call 608-361-4007.
Announcements: All parents/guardians whose students are first time riders or have a change in school or address, that meet the eligibility requirements, must complete and sign the School District of Beloit's student transportation form. This form can be accessed online at www.DurhamBeloit.com. Alternatively, a paper copy of the form can be filled out and turned into the Business Services Office or any school main office.